Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Review: Unworthy by Elaine May



“This is all your fault.”
“You worthless piece of shit.”
“I hate you."
“He left us because of you.
“We live like this because of you. YOU GRACE.”
“You won’t amount to anything, you’re useless.”
“I wish I never had you, I hate you you're worthless.”
Those were the words that were told to me so many times as a child that I can only think of them as the truth. I lived by my own rules to protect my myself from more heart break, but that was until he came into my world... Until Samuel Harding.


Review
Elaine May delivers a story of survival and love that will keep you glued to the pages with Unworthy. Grace is a young woman who prefers to live her life in the so no one notices her. She is the type of person who keeps her head down and works hard, striving to make a better life for herself. When she runs into the mysterious and handsome Samuel Harding, her life and Samuel's changes. As their lives intersects, the puzzle pieces of Grace's life starts to come together, leaving the reader hooked as everything plays out.

Elaine May does a good job with Unworthy. I like how Grace and Samuel played off each other. The combination of dark and light elements, mixed with discovery and love, makes Unworthy a book you'll want to add to your TBR and read.

Rating: 4-stars

No comments:

Post a Comment