Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Author Spotlight: Darlene Kuncytes



The Jazzy World of E's Bookshelf Author Spotlight is shinning on Paranormal Romance author, Darlene Kuncytes. Kuncytes is the author behind the Supernatural Desire Series, which includes the books, A Vampire's Saving Embrace and A Wolf's Savage Embrace. The Series is actually made up of stand alone books that will have recurring characters in each book.  Kuncytes released A Vampire's Saving Embrace  and A Wolf's Savage Embrace to rave reviews on both Goodreads and Amazon.  A Vampire's Saving Embrace has even been nominated for Best Paranormal Romance by IRC. Get ready to meet today's Author Spotlight, Darlene Kuncytes.

Darlene Kuncytes' Biography
I was born and raised in Northeast Ohio. I have always loved reading and writing. This is my first novel in The Supernatural Desire Series. Book 2, A Wolf's Savage Embrace released in Sept. 2013. They are stand alone novels with recurring characters that hopefully, you fall in love with. My characters become so personal to me and I guess it's because you put your entire heart and soul into them. 

I first started writing as a child. On rainy days my mom and I would "make" books. We would draw pictures and I would make up the stories. It is such a treasured memory of mine and I believe is what gave me the bug to keep on writing. 


As a newbie author, I appreciate everyones support and love! This community of writers, illustrators, models and just avid readers has been awesome!
I have a quirky sense of humor and so enjoy meeting and talking with people - so, please feel free to drop me a line! I love hearing from fans!!!


An Interview with Darlene Kuncytes

Where did the idea for the Supernatural Desire Series come from?  

 Omg!  That is funny, I was driving home from work and it just popped into my head. I sat down and started writing and that was it!

Each book in the series is a stand alone, that has recurring characters, Will the same characters appear in each book or will they alternate? Each book has two central characters. It tells their stories, but all the characters make appearances. Book one is Desmond’s story. He is basically the “leader” of our group, Book 2 is Luke’s who is Des’s best friend and a Were. And Book 3 is Marcus’s story. Des’s brother, also a Vampire. I love that I can have my characters pop in so that you can keep up with them! LOL

Do you have an idea of how many books you are going to have in the series?

Right now I am thinking four. But, you just never know! As long as people love the series and the characters, anything is possible!

Is the paranormal genre something you’ve always had an interest in writing about?

I have always loved the paranormal! Ghosts, scary movies ect. I am a true horror girl believe it or not! How the HECK did I become a total romance author! 

This is probably hard question but do you have a favorite among the characters you’ve already written?

That is REALLY hard! But, I have to say, I love Luke! He is Alpha but soooooooooo caring and tell it like it is! Hot, sexy yet tender. And, funny as hell – although, as the books progress, Des is finding his sense of humor because of Abby – which I love! He will just throw out a zinger every so often!

What can you tell us about the next book in the series?

It is Marcus’s Mortal Embrace – And it is Marcus’s story. He is off to New Orleans looking for a rogue Vampire – and, well….. 

What would say has been your favorite part of writing and publishing books?

Hearing from fans! OMG! When someone contacts me and tells me that they absolutely fell in love with my characters - that is just the best feeling in the world to me. I mean, I love this group of characters, and they will always be my first loves, no matter how many books I write. (you always remember your first, right?) So when I have people tell me that Des or Luke is their new book boyfriend – it is a total rush!

Who are some of your favorite authors? 

So many! Stephen King, John Saul, Julia Mills, Kym Grosso, so so many more!!!!!!!!! There are so many phenomenal Indie authors out that that I just can’t get enough of!

Do you have any advice for other new indie authors?

Yes! Don’t be afraid to contact and ask questions and advice from other authors! I can’t tell you how many wonderful friends I’ve made during this process. True, awesome people that have support and helped me more than I can say! I consider them family now!

When you’re not writing, how to do you like to spend your free time?

Drinking coffee!!! LOL! I also foster puppy mill survivors, love to swim, hang out with friends.

In 10 words or less, can you tell readers why they should read your books?

If you LOVE romance – here it is! And laughs!

Is there anything you would like to say to your fans and/or readers new to you?

Never be afraid to contact me! I love you all! And for new readers, same goes! Would love for you to take a chance and hopefully fall hopelessly in love with my band of Supernaturals! 





Books by Darlene Kuncytes

 A Vampire's Saving Embrace

Abigail Montgomery was happy with her life. She was independent, strong and had managed on her own for a long time. That was until the dark, handsome Desmond LaGrange showed up at the bar where she worked. How could she know that this mysterious man would end up saving her from the evil she didn't even know existed? And why was she so drawn to him?
Desmond LaGrange was fighting a past he was trying hard to forget. But when
he see's the beautiful Abby working behind the bar, something deep inside compels him to get closer.
The only question was why?
When he saves her from danger - can he resist the strong pull between them to let her go when the time comes? 




 A Wolf's Savage Embrace


Hard-headed and fiercely independent - Katrina Winslow is definitely not use to being told what to do.
Yet - just when she thinks her life might be heading in the right direction for the very first time - she's hit with a bomb-shell; and her past pops up to haunt her.
Suddenly, she is sent down a path that she has no desire what so ever to take; and is told to leave behind the one man that she could possibly care for - or he'll be killed. And that makes for one ticked off Witch!

Now, it's Lucas Blackwater's turn to show Kat that he is a force to be reckoned with. He is the Alpha male of his pack - sarcastic, overbearing and drop-dead gorgeous...and definitely not use to being told no.
When Kat tells him that she's leaving - he doesn't take the news well - and forces her to take him with her. Whether she likes it or not.

Together they begin a journey that will change their world in more ways than they could ever have imagined. And, as Kat tries to push Luke away; for what she believes is his own safety - Luke has other idea's. And the sparks fly!
Can Luke convince her that what they have between them is real - or will the dangers that threaten everything they are destroy them? And, everyone that they love - including Abby and Desmond.

A fun, sultry, touching romance with passion and heart! It will grab you and hold on - from start to finish! Join the next journey in the Supernatural Desire Series.


Buy Links
A Vampire`s Saving Embrace ~ www.smarturl.it/avse
A Wolf`s Savage Embrace ~ www.smarturl.it/awse

Stay Up-to-Date with Darlene Kuncytes

No comments:

Post a Comment