Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Author Spotlight: Dawn Robertson




The Jazzy World of E's Bookshelf is excited to present to you today's Author Spotlight on erotic author, Dawn Robertson. Robertson is the writer behind the popular Her series and The Good Girl co-authored with Lily White, just to name a few. Robetson has already released 10 books and you can expect to see more new releases from her in the future, including Ryker which she talks about in my interview with her below. It's times to get ready to meet erotic author, Dawn Robertson.

Dawn Robertson's Biography

Dawn Robertson is a twenty-something indie erotic romance, and mother. She lives in sunny senior citizen packed Florida, where she wrangles her kids, and Pitbull puppy.

Dawn can normally be found swearing like a sailor, making late night drive-thru appearances, arguing with her kids (or being run over by their power wheels), reading a steamy romance while hiding in her bathroom, writing her little heart out on her laptop (or dragging her Macbook to the Genius bar praying they can save her latest work in progress), or sipping on a smoothie. She loves to hear from her fans, readers, and authors alike. Feel free to drop her a message.

Dawn rarely takes life seriously, so be sure to expect heavy sarcasm from her. She is also the life of the party, so be sure to meet up with her at one of the many author events she will be attending in the next couple months. Buy her a shot of whiskey, and she will love you for life.

An Interview with Dawn Robertson

--> First off thank you for the opportunity to interview you. Last month you released the last book in the Her Series, His.  How does it feel to be done writing the series?

Good and bad all at the same time. Welcome to my bipolar mind! I am really happy to call the project complete. It is a major accomplishment. On the other hand, I am sad so say goodbye to those characters because they truly became a part of me.

Do you ever think that you will revisit it down the road again?

It certainly is a possibility.
I don’t have the desire to right now, but I don’t think I will ever be able to leave the characters completely alone.


You have a couple books coming out soon, what can you tell us about Ryker? 

Ryker huh?
Well, my muse for Ryker is Damien DeCent. He is absolutely awesome.
But, for those who have read the Hers Series already, you know that Ryker first appeared in the second book, Finding Willow as one of the Hell’s Renegades MC. The series picks up where the Hers Series left off. Not the same characters, but we will see a couple cameo’s of familiar faces.


If you haven’t read HIS, you NEED to finish it (and the Hers Series as a whole) before you start Ryker!
To date you’ve written and released 10 books, was this what you set out to accomplish when you first started writing, or did it progress naturally as you write your first book?

I never thought I would be where I am right now. It is kind of insane actually.
I didn’t have any goals when I started… it all just kind of happened.


You have also done some collaborative work with Lily white on the Good Girl and with J.M. Walker on the Vegas Girl series, what has been your favorite part of the process?

I love partnering up with other authors. There are so many factors that go into it.
I love crossing reader bases, being able to meet and interact with new readers is awesome.
The creative process as a whole is also amazing.
Anticipate more collaborations in the future!


Are there any other authors you would like to collaborate on a story with?

Oh gosh!
That is a huge question… I have plans to collaborate with RL Griffin, and possibly Dawn Pendleton in the future but I mean, I would really love to work with any of my many author friends. The indie community is pretty awesome… but gosh… If I had to pick just one… One… I’d say Harper Sloan.

Having written both series and stand alones, do you prefer one to the other or do they both offer you a certain freedom when it comes to writing?
I really love series, just because the supporting characters in books always have stories too. I set out to write Crashed, and Statistic as standalone novels… yeah, both have follow ups slated now. LOL

Can you tell us anything about your current works in progress?


I am working on Ryker right now :)
I am also planning on sitting down and scheduling my releases for 2015 so I can try and get myself on a strict schedule.
What would you say has been your favorite part of writing and publishing books?

Touching readers.
I’ve gotten a hand full of emails that have made me cry. Deeply personal emails and experiences shared with me because after that person read the book they felt the need to reach out. I honestly… love that.
Nothing in the world can make an author feel better.


Who are some of your go to authors?
Harper Sloan
Tara Sivec
RL Griffin
Jamie McGuire
Kallypso Masters
Tabatha Vargo
Molly McAdams
Toni Aleo
Carmen Jenner
Raine Miller
Colleen Hoover
Sydney Landon
Lily Harlem 


In 10 words or less can you tell readers why they should read your books?


Real People.
Raw.
Kinky.
Queen of Smut.
Mind Fuck.
Please?
Is there anything you would like to say to your fans and/or readers new to you?
I love you all.
Seriously.
Every last one of you.
You make the late nights worth it!


Books by Dawn Robertson

Teasers 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment