Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Review: Shatter Me by Alex Grayson


Synopsis

-->

I'm running, as fast and as far as I can. My past is trying to shatter me, but I am determined not to let it. I've come this far, I won't let it break me now.

I had to stop in a small town to get enough money to run again, but I found myself wanting to stay. The reason? Jaxon Walker. He doesn't make me so afraid. He comforts me. But how much comfort will it take before my walls shatter? And what happens when my past finds me? Will it finally destroy me or could Jax possibly save me?

My name is Bailey Winsor and this is my story.

Review

Alex Grayson's debut novel, Shatter Me, is an intense, emotional roller coaster that you're going to want to read.  Bailey Winsor  is a young woman who has dealt with abuse, rape, and drugs. After spending years dealing with a unimaginable life she finally is able to break free, but spends her days on the run from a life she never wants to go back to. Low on money, she stops in a town that is going to change her life. A chance meeting leads to her meeting people like Jaxon Walker and his family, who give her hope that a better life is out there.  Despite, trying to finally live a life she has dreamed about, her past comes back, haunting her.

What transpires over the course of this book is a dark tale that will leave you beyond shocked. Alex Grayson does a good job telling Bailey's story and leaves you gutted as you hear all the things she has been through. Despite all the darkness there is hope and love in the story. You have Jax, a man who fiercely protects those he cares about. Life isn't perfect and this is one book that showcases that perfectly.  It does start off a little slow, but once it kicks in you are not going to want to put this down. You'll want to know what happens and when the ending comes, you'll more than likely need a few tissues. If you're looking for a darker, edgy story, with hope and redemption, pick up Shatter Me by Alex Grayson.

Rating: 4-stars

No comments:

Post a Comment