Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Author Spotlight: Noelle Bodhaine


It's time for an Author Spotlight. Today, the spotlight is shining on author, Noelle Bodhaine. Bodhaine is known for The Voice Trilogy. The story of self discovery has become a fan favorite. The third book in the series, Shout will be releasing soon. It was just recently announced that Bodhaine is going to be part of a collaborative story in the new River Walk Collection, with fellow author Al Daltrey. There's a lot to look forward to from Bodhaine this year, make sure to follow her Facebook page to say up-to-date on all the news. It's the Jazzy World of E's Bookshelf's pleasure to present its Author Spotlight on  Noelle Bodhaine.

Noelle Bodhaine's Biography
Noelle Bodhaine loves all things creative: books, movies, music, cooking and art. The daughter of a jewelry designer, Noelle is an avid all-things Doris Day movie watcher and has been known to swoon over Cary Grant. By day Noelle is a taxi-mom to two active school-aged boys and wife to a supportive husband, who has had to share Noelle with book boyfriend Rhys. Noelle's laptop goes everywhere she goes, as she never knows when a character may have something to say!
Noelle and her family reside in the beautiful Rocky Mountains.
WHISPER is the first book of the Voice Trilogy.
 

An Interview Courtesy of Noelle Bodhaine 
Noelle Bodhaine!
I have had so much fun getting to know Noelle Bodhaine.  She is witty, funny, sassy and candid. Noelle has graciously answered some random questions so you can get to know her too!  Noelle’s book WHISPER is the first book of the Voice Trilogy. WHISPER is available on Amazon for Kindle, Barnes and Noble for Nook, Createspace, iTunes and Smashwords.

Who is Noelle Bodhaine? 
I love all things creative: books, movies, music, cooking and art.  I was raised on Doris Day movies and true gentleman like Cary Grant.  I love family meals, pasta, laughter and a heavy dose of Chianti. My laptop goes everywhere I go as I never know when a character may have something to say! 
I lay my head at the foot of the Majestic Rocky Mountains.

Why write? 
Writing is something I can do that is all for me at least while I’m  in the process. Nobody to answer to, it’s mine! There is a freedom in weaving your own story, a control that we may lack in our every day real life.

Who or what is your writing inspiration?
Me and the people around me,  unrequited love and the story of people’s  mistakes.   I find inspiration in the idealized image we have of one another and the harsh reality that often kills the romance of our fantasies.

First, I wanted to write MY ideal guy, the man who could make me melt, but there are so many more characters shouting in my ear wanting their story to be told! So many characters, so different, but all ideal and gloriously flawed.

When do you write?
 I do most of writing in bed. But now I have an amazing wing-back chair that makes me feel very official. I love my bedroom.  It is my sanctuary, but if I am going outdoors, I like to be on the water. I have recently taken up kayaking and love it...I will be doing a lot of writing...or rather recording on the lake.

When do you find the time to write?
I write late at night or whenever the mood strikes.

When did the idea to write a book come to you?  Do you remember the moment?
A small snippet of Rhys popped in my head and I wrote it down after I had read a particularly lackluster book. I thought, “Hey, I can do better than that!”..(apologies for smugness)
I shared my writing with a friend and she asked for more. The story started to pour out of me. I was writing a chapter a week at first and realized I really had something, that’s when I went underground and told no one.  I didn’t talk about it because I didn’t want to jinx myself. I gave myself a year to write as I started in January 2013, and my goal was to be finished by my birthday in December and then decide what to do after that. No clear plan… and then I met Colleen, my PA. 

What do you do when you aren’t writing?
I love to cook and garden. I’m a bit of a TVaholic and I love historical documentaries have been known to cower in the dark and watch Ancient Aliens...shhhh
Once upon a time, I played the Cello. I love music and I binge on the British History Podcast while I cook. I love to eat out (big foodie here!) and I like to try new things. I love wine,  a good cocktail and I love being with family.

Who are your favorite authors?
I’m an Austen girl. I love the romantic poets, historical non-fiction and fiction. Alison Wier is a favorite. I love me some Brits…Lily Harlem and Chloe Thurlow. Of this amazing Indy community, I love me some Jaden Wilkes and respect the hell out of Scott Hildreth.

Who are Rhys and Sophie in WHISPER?
Rhys, as I said, was a figment in my mind. A composite maybe of my ideals and what I may have encountered or hope to encounter.
Sophie is very much me. I can do that because I wrote the book! That was half the fun because I was living vicariously through her, but guiding her and also being guided by her.  I think there will always be a part of me in all the female characters I write.

What makes you tick?
Family

What makes for a good day?
A  good morning kiss.
Good days are full of freedom and creative musings.

Bad day?
Bad days are full of structure and commitment, expectation and stress.

What fuels you?
I run on espresso, romance and heartache.

What are your favorite foods and snacks?
I love all kinds of cheese. I could live on Charcuterie and a cheese plate. Throw in some olives and fruit and a big jug of wine and you have a happy girl. And if you’d like to take me to bed give me a Sazerac. And if you really want to impress me? Feed me cheesecake in the afterglow!
Almond Rocha is my favorite candy.  Back off and get your own!

What makes you happy?
I love the sound of my family’s laughter. I come from a long line of strong,  loud women who laugh hard and live even harder.

Do you have a favorite color?
I love blues…think Caribbean ocean.  Tranquil.

Favorite scent?
I love the smell of vintage perfume and flowers.  Gardenia is my favorite, and Peony.

Favorite music?
I love all music, but it all depends on mood. I love music that makes me remember..a feeling,  a person, a moment..
What is your favorite attire?
A slinky sun dress or a cozy cardigan or both!

Shoes?
I love to be barefoot, but if I must put something on my feet, then flip flops.  In winter I love tall boots to keep my tootsies warm!

Do you have any secret addictions?
I am a Pinterest addict and collect pics for God knows what.  I love to grocery shop (foodie, remember?) and love carousing specialty food stores, farmers markets and local shops.
I need four seasons and a white Christmas to feel complete.
Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year.
I’m a water drinker.
I like my cocktails old fashioned.
I like my tea strong and black and my lemonade sour.
I love beer, craft beer and micro-breweries. My brother is a brewer.

There is a recipe in WHISPER that calls for a special ingredient.  Why is there cheese in the waffles?
There is cheese in the waffles because it is delicious! Ha-ha! That is actually something my father would add when we were young. Big weekend breakfast was his thing. Every mixing bowl would be dirty and waffle batter would be everywhere, but a handful of sharp cheddar and real maple syrup made it all perfect...You should try it

Is there a connection with Dahlwinney and cigars?
I have always loved the sight of a man with a scotch and a cigar. There is something so regal about it, like the lion taking his respite. It is power and sex appeal.  The most important men in my life have smoked cigars, my father smokes cigars and I have always loved the smell.  (Paging Dr. Freud!)

Is there a connection to Sophia Blanc de Blanc? 
Sophia Blanc de Blanc is in fact my favorite white wine. It’s crisp and delicious! Wrapped in pink cellophane, the bottle is super cute.  Sophia Blanc de Blanc also comes in a can, has a pretty pink straw and fits perfectly in my purse.

 How does it feel to be an Amazon Author?
I feel very proud to be an Amazon author and I firmly believe that if you throw things out into the universe they will manifest. So Universe, if you are listening….Next summer, I WILL be on Amazon’s Top 100 Best Sellers List) (I’ll take the sub category of Erotica or Romance, if that is your prerogative) with all 3 books! That’s right! All three books. Top 100. At the same time. Let’s make it happen!

How do you come up with your story lines?
The stories pop in on me, I can’t explain it. I have very little discipline and control over when these people in my head want to talk!  The ideas just pop in my head literally at very inopportune times, like on a long drive or in the middle of conversations with real people. I have just started writing something completely different from WHISPER.  The story has a super strong female lead, but we will not call her a heroine. WOWZA!  She comes in ready for a fight!

What does an average day in the life of Noelle look like?
I linger in bed as long as life will allow, although I wake hours before the sun. I’m a night owl, always have been, but will never be mistaken for a morning person.

Books by Noelle Bodhaine

 The Voice Trilogy

 Whisper (The Voice Trilogy Book 1)
When Sophie stumbles into Rhys' world she is mere whisper of herself. A shell broken and battered by loss and neglect. A weekend away and time with friends is what she needs. What she gets is a sexy alpha male with a mysterious past, a reputation beyond measure and a need for control. Gambling with one's heart is a dangerous affair and everybody knows you don't walk away from the table when you are winning.

 Speak (The Voice Trilogy Book 2)
Rhys is everything Sophie never knew she wanted, until he lets her down. With a broken heart in tow she leaves him in the dust and starts over only to find herself a shell of who she had become, no longer satisfied by who she was.
When Sophie cuts him off, Rhys is a shell. Wanting what he cannot have, he must prove to Sophie that he has changed. But when the moment comes will he speak up? Can Rhys overcome the ghosts of Sophie's past? Can Sophie forgive Rhys his past sins? Find out in the second installment of The Voice Trilogy a story of self discovery, profound change and a love that must be written in the stars.

Coming Soon

River Walk Collection

Noelle loves to hear from her readers!
Email: noellebodhaine@gmail.com
Amazon: www.amazon.com/author/noellebodhaine
Goodreads:  www.noellebodhaine.goodreads.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/noellebodhaine
Facebook Street Team: Nellie's Naughty Nymphs
Twitter: @noellebodhaine
Follow Noelle on Pinterest
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/whisper-noelle-bodhaine/1120517480
http://tinyurl.com/q4amzf
 





 




No comments:

Post a Comment