Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thank You for an Incredible Year



When I first decided last year to start a book blog I had no idea what I was doing.  It was more of a personal challenge of starting something and following through no matter what. One of the things that inspired my adventure into the book blog world was reading three books back to back that I wanted to tell people about. These books were Discovered by Kim Black, The Suicide Princess by Anthony Bryan, and Sex in the Title by Zack Love. I had a vague idea of reading books and telling people what I thought. Simple enough, right? Well,  in this past year it ended up being so much more, and one of the best decisions and experiences I've had to date. 

Never in a million years did I think I would get one or even a hundred people to like my page. Yet here I am, a year a later and over 3,800 likes. Seriously, the fact that many people have visited my page and liked it, is beyond humbling. I am amazed by every single one I get.

In the end, none of this would've been possible without the support from amazing readers and authors. Thank you. I can't say that enough. I wish I could meet you all in person and give you a hug. Accept this virtual one for now. The best part of this whole year journey was getting to hear about so many authors and finding books I loved.  Authors like AJ Walters, Seth King, Nicholas Tanek, Steph Nuss, Julia Bramer, Scott Hildreth, Morgan Parker, Alexandra I, M. Stratton, Lucian Bane, Kindle Alexander, G.G. Carver, Sebastian Ex, Al Daltrey, Jake Furie Lapin, Laura Barnard, Alicia Taylor & Natalie Townson, Scarlet Wolfe, the ladies of Boyfriend Bookstand, Addison Kline and so many more that I found out about because of having this page. Believe me, there are many more. :)

I liked to give a thanks to some of the authors who supported my page from its early days like Kim Black, H.S. Strickland, and K.B. Mallion. Also thank you to Al Daltrey and G.G. Carver for being my first two Author Spotlights and giving me chance to try it out. I started that on a whim, but it has become one of my favorite things about this blog.

A year goes incredibly fast, in fact it went so fast, I missed my real blogiversary date, April 13. What I started this page out as and what it has become, I couldn't be more proud of.  The Jazzy World of E's Bookshelf is yours as much as mine. I want this to be a place you can come to find new authors and books as a readers. A place authors can showcase their work. Without readers and authors, this wouldn't be the blog it has become.

From my heart, Thank you! Thank you for joining me on this fun and incredible journey. Let's see where the next year takes us.

Love,
E




No comments:

Post a Comment