Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Author Spotlight: SJ Knight



SJ Knight, the author of the Savannah Series is today's Author Spotlight on the Jazzy World of E's Bookshelf. Knight released the first book in the series, A Week in Savannah, this past June. It's a story that involves all aspects of life, the good and the bad for the main character Savannah. Knight is currently working on the second book in the series, A Month in Savannah. It's my pleasure to introduce to you, today's Author Spotlight, SJ Knight.

SJ Knight's Biography

Well there really isn’t much to say about me. I am 26 years old and I decided to write as a place to vent and it’s turned into so much more. I am often the outspoken one. I am not afraid to offend anyone because the biggest thing about me is I am always honest. I tell it like it is. There isn’t another word in the human language that I hate more than Good-bye. I rarely, if ever say it. It’s too permanent. I don’t throw the word LOVE around. If, and when I say it to someone I mean it, and I will forever no matter what they do or say to me. I trust to easy and I have a huge heart and that gets me hurt a lot. I don't take pity or expect it. I don't believe in knowing your limits- if you're gonna do something; take it as far as you can. With this mindset we can change the world. And that's what I plan to do.
I am pushed to do better by everyone who thinks I will never amount to anything. I have already proved them wrong and now I am proving it to myself. I live uncontrollably for the moment and take comfort in spontaneity. Make me laugh and you’re my friend.

I want to inspire people and I want to be inspired. 

An Interview with SJ Knight

You released your debut novel, A Week in Savannah in May, what was the inspiration behind the story? Most of the story is true to live for me. I have been through a lot of the same things as Savannah. So basically she is me. From her eye color to her attitude. A week in Savannah is the first book in the series, did you plan to write a series all along or was it something you decided as the story progressed? I had actually planned on writing a trilogy but I think it has come down to writing just the two, for now. The main character Savannah, deals with tragedy in the book. How important was it to you to have that element in the story? It was extremely important, I wanted people to connect with her. Most people have been through the same things as she did at one point in their lives. I didn’t want the book to be all rainbows and butterflies because real life isn’t like that. I’ve read that you started writing as an outlet to vent, were surprised that it led to your first novel? I have written for fun since I was in seventh grade, I have notebook upon notebook of stories that I had written. I was really surprised that it turned into what it has. I love knowing that no matter what happens in life a piece of my heart will always be here. Oddly enough AMIS was the easiest and the longest piece I have written to date. It only took two weeks to write and another month to edit, now A Month in Savannah is taking much much longer. The next book in the series, A Month in Savannah is coming out soon, what can you tell us about this book? I can tell you that you will change you mind between Ezra and Sebastian a hundred times. You learn a lot about both men in this book. Savannah has a tough choice ahead of her and this time she isn’t the broken little girl she was before. She has grown and isn’t as hard to like this time around. As for the “scenes” oh lord!! HOTTT!!!! Has the process of writing your second book been different from your first? Yes, very much. A lot of that has been because life has just gotten in the way and for the most part I knew what was going to happen in this book. Apart from who she was going to pick I had the whole book mapped out. What has been the best part of writing and publishing a book? Just knowing that someone else has read my work and has used the words “You touched my life” or “You made me fee” that was all I could ever want so with that, I am happy. When you’re not writing what do you like to do for fun? I love to read. I probably read a book every two days. I love to watch movies and hang out with my two little men. Jaxon (3) and Maverick (18 months) In 10 words or less tell readers why they should read your book? My book has it all love, heartache, and overall feeling. Is there anything else you would like to say to your fans or readers new to you? I hope you enjoy my work and I hope it makes you stop and think for just a second. Also to those of you who have read a book by me thanks for giving someone with “no name” a chance. Be on the look out for my future books: A Month in Savannah (Savannah Series part 2) Denied (Stand alone) Spilt (Stand alone)

A Week in Savannah

We all carry these things inside us that no one else can see. They hold us like anchors; they drown us out at sea.

You can run but you can’t hide
the past will always find you.

Savannah was a southern belle living in New York chasing her dreams of becoming an editor with her partner in crime and best friend Bree. The two had been inseparable since they first met in grade school. Savannah’s parents divorced when she was sixteen forcing her to pick a home, she decided to get emancipated instead and moved in with Bree and her family.

Everything in her life was perfect, well on the outside anyways. Savannah was hiding a terrible secret that was threatening to destroy everything she had accomplished. Fresh out of a terrible relationship she was ready to finally live but on the night of her twenty-second birthday bumping into one adventurous man would open her eyes to the real her.

Shortly after, tragedy strikes, bringing Savannah’s world and dreams to a screeching halt. The past slams into her like a tidal wave and nothing and no one can stop the spiral she has found herself on. When the man she has grown to love finally throws his hands up and walks out of her life she realizes she is at rock bottom.

She finally decides to get the help she needs and finds a new friend who builds her up and makes her become the woman she should be. But see that past is a sneaky bitch and Savannah won’t get away that easy.

When the man from her past comes screaming into her future Savannah has a decision to make and two people are gonna have their heart broken and one of them was undoubtedly going to be her.
 

 Teasers




Click Here to Purchase A Week in Savannah 


Stay Up-to-Date with SJ Knight

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-SJKnight/242696119247673 

No comments:

Post a Comment