Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Author Spotlight: Steph Nuss



Today's edition of the Author Spotlight is on Love in the City (LITC) Series Author, Steph Nuss.  Nuss, an avid reader, released the first book in the LITC series, Wanted by You this past February. the second book in the seven book series, Fantasized by You, came out in July.  The LITC series follows a group of friends as they look for love. Nuss has done a great job with introducing her characters. If you go to her website (www.stephnuss.com) you can find everything about them from their favorite food, to their favorite movie and books. She also incorporates music in her books by giving each book its own playlist. Something she discusses more in my interview with her below.  Nuss is currently working on the third book in the series Pleasured by You. It's time to get ready to meet Steph Nuss, today's Jazzy World of E's Bookshelf's Author Spotlight.

Steph Nuss' Biography

Steph Nuss was born and raised in rural Kansas, where she currently resides with her black Labrador son named Gunner. She grew up with a passion for reading and writing. When she’s not immersed into the land of fiction, she enjoys listening to music that came before her time, watching movies and reruns of her favorite shows, and hanging out with her family and friends. She also has a bachelor’s degree in psychology that she’ll never use…unless she’s profiling her characters of course.


Likes/Favorites:
  • Food: American, Chicken strips and fries
  • Snack: Willy Wonka Shockers
  • Dessert: Ice cream cake
  • Drink: Water, White Cherry Powerade, Whiskey sours
  • Color: Black
  • Book: The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
  • Movie: The Breakfast Club
  • TV Show: Friends
  • Song: “Beautiful” by Eminem
  • Hobby: Reading
  • Sport: Basketball, Tennis
  • Motto/Quote: “Only dreams come to sleepers”
A few things about me…
  • I’m an avid reader, and was very active in the reading program during my years in 4-H. I prefer hard copies over ecopies, but both my physical library and my Kindle library are continuously growing.
  • I collect a lot of movies, and I incorporate movie quotes into conversations. I also favor the TV shows: Grey’s Anatomy, Revenge, Shameless, Scandal, New Girl, Sex and the City, Friends, The Office and The Big Bang Theory. I’m also really into Cold Case Files and Dateline or anything murder-related.
  • I have a huge fear of pregnancy, and it started when I was a freshman in high school when we were forced to watch a live birth video during health class and I passed out. Even listening to women tell stories of their pregnancies makes me anxious. I’ve even inquired about voluntarily tying my tubes. My doctor told me no.
  • I’m a big Kansas Jayhawks basketball fan. Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!
  • I’m full of sarcasm and bluntly honest about most things.
  • I have a tattoo on my left shoulder blade of a cross, heart, and peace sign all interlinked together (faith, love, and peace).
  • I can socialize with anybody, but I have my introverted moments where I need to recharge and be alone.
  • My fifteen minutes of fame came the day I was born. I was the first baby of harvest. In Kansas, that’s a big deal.
  • My dog is the love of my life. He is the sweetest:

An Interview with Steph Nuss


What can you tell readers about The Love in the City Series?

The Love in the City series is about a group of friends looking for love in the city. Each book is about a different couple, but you’ll read about the whole gang in every book. The books are told in both the female and male point of views, and they all end in happily ever afters, no cliffhangers! They can be read as standalones, but the series does follow a timeline so the readers don’t miss anything in the lives of the Love in the City characters.

Another great aspect of the series is that all of the book covers are a different color that represents an awareness or charity referenced in each book.

There’s going to be seven books total? What made you decide on seven? And do you think as you approach the end you might extend that?

Yes, there are going to be seven books so each friend gets their own story. I love them all so much that I had to give them each a book. I’ve had the series planned out for a while. I know how I want it to end, so I don’t see extending it out to more books. However, I have been thinking about a spinoff series!

Music plays a big part in your series, what’s your process for picking a playlist for each book?


My characters dictate what music goes on the playlists. One of my characters loves 70s and 80s music, and another loves alternative rock music. So, I try to make playlists that go along with the story, consisting of songs that the characters would listen to. I spend a lot of time making the playlists, and I’ll even listen to them while I’m not writing so that I’m still in “writing mode” by listening to songs my characters would listen to or songs that go along with their scenes.

There’s one band that’s featured on all the playlists because I feel like there should be one band that the whole gang loves, and that’s AC/DC. I can just imagine them all singing along to AC/DC’s rock ballads whenever they come on. So, expect to see a different AC/DC song on each playlist!

What songs would be on your personal playlist?

I love a lot of different genres of music, but if I had to make a top twenty playlist it would be:

1. Beautiful – Eminem
2. Won’t Let You Down – Chamillionaire
3. Sound of Madness – Shinedown
4.Hard Out Here – Lily Allen
5. Lose Yourself – Eminem
6. Jungle – Jamie N Commons & X Ambassadors
7. Hypnotized – Notorious B.I.G.
8. Till I Collapse – Eminem
9. Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked – Cage the Elephant
10. Seven Devils – Florence + The Machine
11. The Story – Brandi Carlie
12. Survival – Eminem
13. On to the Next One – Jay-Z
14. Who Gon Stop Me – Kayne West & Jay-Z
15. Dream On - Aerosmith
16. Born to Die – Lana Del Rey
17. Let the Drummer Kick – Citizen Cope
18. Carry On – Fun.
19. Wear Me Out – Skylar Grey
20. Hit Me Like A Man – The Pretty Reckless

When it comes to writing, do you prefer to outline the story or do just write and see where the story takes you?

I have to outline the story first. I don’t outline it detail for detail, so in a way, I do let the characters do some of the writing, but for the most part I’m in control.

Has your writing process changed from writing your first book?

Not really. I’m not one of those writers who can jump around and write whatever scenes come to me; I give huge props to those writers who can do that! I have to write from beginning to end. When I started writing book two, I used the writing program, Scrivener, and I fell in love with it. It’s definitely helped me stay organized by allowing my outline to be on the screen while I’m writing. There are probably a bunch of other great features it has that I don’t even know about yet but it’s amazing!

What has been the best part of writing and publishing books?

Sharing my characters with the world. They’re like imaginary friends who hang out in my head all day long, so getting to share them with the world and having people like them as much as I do is the best part of writing and publishing books. When you have people relating to your characters and finding them just as interesting as you do, it’s the best feeling ever!

Who are some of your favorite authors?


Jennifer Probst, Kristen Proby, Nora Roberts, Emily Giffin, Samantha Young, and Christina Lauren.

In 10 words, can you tell new readers why they should read your books?

You’ll fantasize about feeling wanted, pleasured, cherished, challenged, inspired, & changed.

Is there anything you would like to say to your fans and/or readers new to you?


I hope you feel like part of the Love in the City gang by the time you’re done reading!


Books by Steph Nuss


Synopsis

Carter was captivated by Ellyson Evans the moment he laid eyes on her, but she was the one girl who didn't beg for his attention.

He wanted her.

Ellyson vowed to never fall in love, because love can destroy you, but then she met Carter Jennings.

She wanted him.

Unwilling to risk their comfortable friendship, neither confessed their desires.

Losing touch after college, a chance meeting reconnects them.

They want each other.

But love in the city is never quite that easy.





Synopsis
Celebrity fashion designer, Harper Jennings is only months away from turning thirty, and her dream of living a happily ever after has yet to come true.
She's given up on her fantasy.

Personal trainer and gym owner, Maverick Jones isn't thrilled about having a designer mentoring in his new clinic, but after meeting the brunette beauty face-to-face, he dreams of having his way with her.

He's ready to turn his fantasy into reality.

But when their fantasies collide, love in the city becomes more complicated than they ever imagined.
Teasers



Click Here to Purchase the Love in the City Series
Stay Up-to-Date with Steph Nuss
http://stephnuss.com
https://www.facebook.com/StephNussAuthor
https://twitter.com/StephNuss13
http://www.pinterest.com/StephNuss13/
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7392900.Steph_Nuss



No comments:

Post a Comment