Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

E's Favorite Books of 2014: #13 Tumbleweed by Julia Bramer

Tumbleweed
by Julia Bramer


“Two men were infinitely better than one, an intoxicating combination if I could find it, and my greedy self-indulgence was boundless, my sexuality unleashed those many years ago with him. His shadow haunted me and shaped my obsession, the depth of my depravity deep and forged in the cafes and nightclubs and back alleys in a dozen countries with dozens of men. Once I’d started down that road, I couldn’t stop and couldn’t go back, a dark and insatiable impulse propelling me forward and driving me into the arms of strangers like the Mohammeds and into the sweltering barren desert.” 〰 Haley 〰

Unable to cope with the loss of her first love, a charming and seductive Spanish soccer player, beautiful, headstrong Haley Hanson abandons love entirely. She seeks solace in the arms of strangers and fame, a tumbleweed rolling where the gusts of wind carry her, and she lands between a garbage bin of rotting food and a brick wall. Stuck in limbo and near death.

Will love destroy her or conquer all?

Mini Review

Tumbleweed by Julia Bramer was one book that I had a book hangover from this year.   Haley Hanson is a complex character who tries to keep her life as fun and carefree as possible, but when life takes a drastic turn, you learn about who Haley really is.  Julia Bramer writes a story that use current events and different destinations that make you feel that you are right by Haley's side as she travels and meets different people who will have an effect on her life. It's not just a sexy and sensual story, it let's you discover with the main character, what her life has really been all about up to this point. Tumbleweed is a book you are going to want to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment