Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Author Spotlight: Lavar Amare


The Jazzy World of E's Bookshelf today's Author Spotlight on Lavar Amare. Amare is the author of Lady Kismet.  He has also released ac couple short stories that include Control My Body.  You can expect to see a lot more from Amare this year. It's time to meet Lavar Amare, today's Author Spotlight.

Lavar Amare's Birography
Lavar Amare is an author with an intense love for the craft. His sultry storytelling and accurate understanding of the human mind make him a joy to read.
When he's not riding the muddy trails of the northeast he's experimenting in the kitchen and spending time with family. The voice of Lavar Amare's work rings authentic and uncompromisingly original. He is one of the exceptional authors that has the ability to make you feel and see his words with a movie like clarity that will satisfy any book lovers appetite.


An Interview with Lavar Amare

Thank you for taking the time to interview. You released Lady Kismet last august, what can you tell us about it?
Lady Kismet is a book about choices. The word Kismet itself literally means Destiny or Fate. The story is a perfectly crafted circle which the main character Sean has to navigate through the madness of his own creation.The book has a lot of interesting characters, its sexy, funny and authentic. There will be no bad boy billionaires in this story. It’s relatable to everyday life and if you make it to the climatic end you will be very pleased.

Was writing something you always enjoyed doing? or was it something you started to do more recently?
Actually I have been writing for a while but I never took the craft seriously, I didn’t think I was that good. I would write small pieces here and there but it wasn’t until recently that I dedicated myself to it. Once I unlocked myself and put my mind to work it’s been on ever since.

Do you have a favorite character you have written?
So far I think my favorite characters are the ones from my short stories. I have a collection of short stories that I do that I have a lot of fun with.

Who are some of the authors that have inspired you?
I love Robert Greene and many others but honestly I am inspired by the writing from television and movies. Shows like Breaking Bad, True Detective, The Walking dead and Boardwalk Empire have awesome writing elements. I am very interested in that arena.

Do you have any upcoming books you can tell us about?
I have two books that are coming out this year. I’m releasing a collection of short stories hopefully within the next couple months and I have a full length novel called The Work Wife I’m releasing.

What has been your favorite part of writing and publishing your stories?
My favorite part of writing is the emails and feedback from the many readers telling me that the stories I’ve created have touched their lives and have been reminiscent of things they have been through.

In 10 words or less can you tell readers why they should read your book?
My Book is a breath of fresh air. Unlike anything available. I know that’s eleven words.

Is there anything you will like to say to your you fans and readers new to you?
Any new readers should expect the unexpected from me. I don’t want to be pigeon holed into the erotica category and I don’t belong there. Yes my stories and books do have hot, steamy, lustful situations but there is also romance and an element of raw authenticity that is hard to find in most writing. With my writing you will find there is just as much story as there is sex.

Books by Lavar Amare


Lady Kismet
 Synopsis
In this erotic anecdote an arrogant young heartbreaker is forced to confront his demons - Sean Harris meets Jasmine, Terai and Gina. As the story unfolds secrets get revealed and lives get altered. Each woman will set a separate chain of events into motion that will flip his world upside down causing him to question his Hedonistic ways.

Lady Kismet will wrap you in its arms and enthrall you for the duration of the story. Its erotic twist and sometimes dark comedic perspective is a breath of fresh air that will leave you addicted and clamoring for more.

Every decision in life no matter how small has a reactionary consequence and Sean will soon find out that it's no fun when the rabbit has the gun.




 
 
Tumblr short story links and synopsis
"Sex with my ex"
-Synopsis-
Two lovers reunite after months of missing one another and are reminded of exactly what they've been missing.

Sex with my ex story link:
http://lavaramare.tumblr.com/post/75670609066/sex-with-my-ex

"Control My body"
-Synopsis-
Angela has been obsessed with a bizarre sexual encounter she had with a dark stranger in her dream. Now she asks her boyfriend if he will do the same thing to her body.

Control My Body story link:
http://lavaramare.tumblr.com/post/99036200866/control-my-body



















No comments:

Post a Comment