Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Review: Desolate by Ker Dukey





Synopsis


I was a son, A friend, A brother, A psychopath. Eighteen years of being in a psyche ward; I was released into the world. Things have changed, Blake is married to Melody and is a father to my new fixation, Cereus. My beautiful niece who knows nothing of my existence. When consequences of past sins begin playing tricks on me, old cravings demand to be satisfied. There is no cure for my kind of sickness. I am void of everything but obsession. I can’t love, I can’t feel, I am Desolate.

 Review

Desolate can be added to the growing list of books you should read by Ker Dukey. After Empathy, I wanted to know about Ryan. Desolate picks up 18 years after Empathy. Blake and melody are married and have a teenage daughter (Cereus), and Ryan is being released from the psyche ward he was sent to after committing some really grizzly murders. We get a deeper look into the mind of Ryan in this book, and it is beyond intriguing. I couldn't get enough. I wanted to know what his next move was going to be. There's so muh more but I don't want to spoil it.

Ker Dukey does a great with Desolate. I like the way she balances the multiple POVs throughout the story and keeps you on your toes. She also knows how to throw in twists that leave you shocked a few times. Desolate is a thrilling, dark erotic story that you're going to want to read.

Rating:
4.5 Stars

 

No comments:

Post a Comment