Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Author Spotlight: G.G. Carver

 


In the today's Author Spotlight, the Jazzy World of E's Bookshelf is traveling across the pond and spotlighting author, G.G. Carver.  Carver released his debut novel Whiter Than White, in April of this year to great reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. Whiter Than White tells the story of Elena White, who has a chance meeting that changes her life.  To learn more about the man behind, the book, check out Carver's biography and interview.


G.G. Carver's Biography

Born in the heart of England to two devoted parents he enjoyed a happy, loving childhood. Not long after completing his further education he set off on a worldwide adventure visiting various places around the globe, but it was New Zealand that stole his heart. It was here that he discovered his creative side with amateur dramatics, and he made several brief appearances in national soap operas.
 

After 5 years he returned to England and discovered his passion for writing. He wrote several unpublished children’s books, but had a vision for a book that would take him on an exciting journey.
He also lives with his close companion Carver Jnr his cuddly pup that features in many of his humorous Facebook updates. He enjoys keeping fit, long walks in the fresh air and spending time with close family and friends. 




An Interview with G.G. Carver

What inspired Elena and Conrad’s story in Whiter Than White?

While I was driving one day the dilemma between Elena and Jasmine just popped into my head. I tried to ignore it, but it wouldn't go away. About eight months after having the initial idea, I finally decided to get it down on paper, and here I am!    


Are they based on real people?
There are elements of the characters personalities that are taken from real people, but other than that, they are fictional. 


Are there a particular scenes in White Than White that were harder to write than the others?
I always find the sex scenes a challenge, because ultimately you're describing the same thing over and over.


Whiter Than White has one of the most creative uses of yogurt ever mentioned in a book. (This is one of many reasons to read this book). Where did that idea come from? If you don’t mind sharing.
I'm sure you've heard the phrase, write what you know, that's all I'm saying! A gentleman never tells.


Do you think you would ever revisit Elena and Conrad's story again down the road?
I have no plans to, but never say never! 


Whiter Than White is a book that I’ve seen gaining a lot of great reviews lately. How do you feel about the reception your book has received so far?
The response has been fantastic! There are so many great books to choose from, so if mine gets plucked out of the crowd I'm extremely grateful. 

Do you think it’s harder as a male author to break into a genre of writing that is predominantly written by women?

I'm not sure if it is harder, there seems to be a lot of interest in male authors at the moment. I think women are curious to read a mans take on things.

When it comes to writing do you have a certain time that you prefer to write or is it whenever inspiration strikes?

Like everyone else I'm constricted by the daily routine of life, so I tend to write mainly at night.

The more dark and miserable the weather, the more I feel like writing. Strange, I know. 


Who are some of your favorite authors?
I'm a typical man in many ways, so I love action! I like the Jack Reacher series by Lee Childs, and I also have a soft spot for Charles Dickens.


When you’re not writing, what do you like to do?
I love the Cinema! When the movie starts to play I'm like a ten year old boy again, all excited!

I also like to keep fit, which helps me combat my love of chocolate. Mmmm chocolate!!


Can you tell readers anything about your next book?
It's set in the UK, and I'm hoping to release it around Christmas time. Not giving much away am I? How mean of me!

In 10 words or less can you tell readers why they should read your book, Whiter than White?
Humour, passion, emotion, tragedy, it's got it all. . . And yogurt!

Is there anything else you would like tell readers?
I'd like to say a big thank you to anyone that has spent their hard earned cash and precious time on me.

Since writing Whiter than White I have met some lovely people, many of which I hope shall remain lifelong friends.



 


 Synopsis

Life is a rat race, and Elena White is stuck on the treadmill.
She's been living on autopilot, a slave to the 9-5 routine - until a chance meeting with an old school friend serves as the catalyst that changes Elena's life in a way she could never have imagined.

Dazzled by her friends self assured confidence, Elena makes an innocent attempt to break from the monotony, and the repercussions send her on a roller coaster of emotions, smashing predictability to pieces, leaving her life anything but predictable. 


Click Here for my review.



Teasers





Where to Buy Whiter Than White





How to Stay Up-to-Date With G.G. Carver

www.Facebook.com/ggcarver 
www.Twitter.com/GGCarver





2 comments:

  1. Brilliant Spotlight, Thank you for posting I love GG and his book is amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. G G has an element of mystery about him and also some hidden naughtiness. His next book is awaited by his many fans. Bet it will rock our world. Awesome man.Maggie Smith.

    ReplyDelete