Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Review: Warped by Alicia Taylor & Natalie Townson


I won’t be caught off guard again. I won’t let them win. They played the first round and won. Now it’s time for me to even the score. Damon and Leona will pay for their twisted games. Leona is first.

His touch repulses me.
His fake affection disgusts me.
He sickens me.

I need to get my head in the game. I need to be smart and break their bond to more easily crush them. Damon is clever. He knows what he’s doing. He’s been playing the game long enough.

He’s twisted.
I’m warped.

It’s time to finally end this.
Time to finally win.
Review

Alicia Taylor and Natalie Townson have delivered yet again with the release of Warped, the second book in the Manipulation Trilogy. Warped picks up right where the cliffhanger in the first book Corrupted ended. Ella has fallen for Damon and Damon has seemingly fallen for Ella, but it appears the old ways of Damon that Ella's sister Lydia wrote about in her diary are coming back to haunt her. She decides to focus on her mission and get back to work on destroying Damon, but  things are not as easy as she thought they would be.  Her feelings for Damon are not easily forgotten and a circumstance Ella didn't think was possible changes everything.

What made this book standout more than the first for me was getting more insight into Damon. What is he hiding and what is it that keeps him tethered to Leona? Seriously, Leona may go down as one of the best book villains for her crazy antics. Taylor and Townson weave together a story full of great twists and a few shocking moments that will leave you shouting out as you read it. The ending again, left me wanting the final book in my hands that second. These women know how to leave you with a cliffhanger.

The Manipulation Trilogy is a series that needs to be on your TBR. In fact, after you read this just go to your favorite retailer and buy this book.  Warped is a fantastic read that you're not going to forgot. You're going to fall for Ella and Damon's story as it continues in this second book. You're also going to love the supporting characters that were introduced in the first book. They help round out the story and make it even better. I can't recommend this book and series enough. You will not be disappointed.
Rating:
5-Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment